Changing the world is easy. Just hire the smartest, most talented visionaries you can find and let them work their magic. Well, it’s a little trickier than that, but great people really are the core of our success here at Scrollmotion. We’re lucky enough to have some of the industry’s most talented designers, engineers, and strategists on our staff. And we’re showing them some love with our new Employee Recognition program.
With this program, we’re recognizing team members who have contributed to Scrollmotion’s success through their actions and attitudes. Our goal is to make our staff happier and more productive, encourage teamwork, and underscore the company’s mission and values.
What kind of values? Glad you asked. We’ve identified six principles central to Scrollmotion that we want to reinforce:
- Deliver: We set and communicate objectives, then follow through on them with passion and a sense of urgency.
- Be Creative: Approaching work differently and enabling that creativity is at the core of success at Scrollmotion.
- Be Real: We want to be surprisingly transparent with colleagues and customers and straightforward during difficult conversations.
- People Matter: Taking the time to invest in relationships with colleagues and customers is integral to maintaining Scrollmotion’s excellent service reputation.
- Enjoy the Journey: It’s essential to embrace the challenges and roadblocks that get hit along the way. It won’t always be easy but it’s about enjoying that struggle.
- Always Improve: Seeking out opportunities for growth is important. At Scrollmotion, we set a high bar, exceed it, and then set a higher one.
All six values are illustrated by the distinctive badges you see here, created together by two members of different design teams. (More about these badges below.)
In addition to managers reviewing employees’ efforts, we’re encouraging team members to recognize the hard work of their peers. We’ve created a channel on Slack, our communication and collaboration tool, to share this kind of feedback. On the “Shout It Out” channel, Scrollmotion employees can call each other out via hashtags based on the six values above. So far the channel has hosted hundreds of positive shoutouts each quarter, many of them cross-departmental. We use these messages to locate employees that are performing beyond expectations in all six categories.
Once we’ve found team members of exceptional merit, we’re saluting their hard work in two ways:
Biweekly: At every company meeting, peers recognize each other for efforts and ideas that have helped push the company forward. Employees will receive a gift card and a sticker featuring badge artwork from the value they’ve embraced; stickers can be placed on water bottles, laptops, desk areas, or anywhere else.
Quarterly: Four times a year, we identify one to three exemplary employees whose actions have proven their commitment to the success of Scrollmotion. We award these employees “Night on the Town” gift cards and social media shoutouts. These are given based on impact to organization, alignment to company goals, quantity of shoutouts on the Slack channel, and quality of recognitions.
Our people have made Scrollmotion the great success that it is, and we’re thrilled to be able to show them our support and gratitude in return.
–Tanya Voytus, Human Resources